On the website, you want to add a Facebook "Like" button. When people click the button, you don't want them to like dibblescandies.com. You want to them to like the facebook page, so every time you update the Facebook page, they (and other followers) will be notified of the update. This helps you build a long-term relationship with the people who enjoy your content.
Here's how to do it:
- You'll need to alter the HTML code on the web page in question, so open up that page in an editor (or other environment, like WordPress or Blogger).
- Go to the Facebook developer site, which contains a tool to create Facebook like buttons.
- Scroll down to the "Get Like Button Code" section.
- In the "URL To Like" field, DON'T use the website address (e.g., http://dibblescandies.com). Instead, use the Facebook page URL (e.g., http://facebook.com/dibblescandies).
- Fill out the other required fields, and press "Get Code"
- Follow the instructions to place the code on your website.